|Release Date||March 1, 2012|
|Series||Parasol Protectorate Series|
Alexia Tarabotti, Lady Maccon, has settled into domestic bliss. Of course, being Alexia, such bliss involves integrating werewolves into London High Society, living in a vampire's second best closet, and coping with a precocious toddler who is prone to turning supernatural willy-nilly. Even Ivy Tunstell's acting troupe's latest play, disastrous to say the least, cannot put a damper on Alexia's enjoyment of her new London lifestyle.
Until, that is, she receives a summons from Alexandria that cannot be ignored. With husband, child and Tunstells in tow, Alexia boards a steamer to cross the Mediterranean. But Egypt may hold more mysteries than even the indomitable Lady Maccon can handle. What does the vampire Queen of the Alexandria Hive really want from her? Why is the God-Breaker Plague suddenly expanding? And how has Ivy Tunstell suddenly become the most popular actress in all the British Empire?
Timeless hit the New York Times Mass Market Paperback bestseller list at #17 on March 18, 2012. This was the first and only of Gail Carriger's books to hold on the list for three weeks.
It was also a Locus Bestseller.
- Chapter One - In Which There is Almost a Bath and Definitely a Trip to the Theater
- Chapter Two - Wherein Mrs. Colindrikal-Bumbcruncer Does Not Buy a Hat
- Chapter Three - In Which Lord Maccon Wears a Pink Brocade Shawl
- Chapter Four - Several Unexpected Occurrences and Tea
- Chapter Five - Under Cover of Thespians
- Chapter Six - In Which the Parasol Protectorate Acquires a New Member
- Chapter Seven - Biffy Encounters a Most Unsatisfactory Parasol
- Chapter Eight - Alexia Makes an Unexpectedly Damp Discovery
- Chapter Nine - Biffy Experiments with Flirting and Felicity
- Chapter Ten - Wherein Our Intrepid Travelers Ride Donkeys
- Chapter Eleven - In Which Prudence Discovers Sentences
- Chapter Twelve - Where Alexia and Ivy Meet a Man with a Beard
- Chapter Thirteen - In Which Idle Letters Waste Lives
- Chapter Fourteen - Wherein Alexia Loans Mr. Tumtrinkle Her Gun
- Chapter Fifteen - In Which We Learn Why Werewolves Don't Float
- Chapter Sixteen - The Curative Properties of Nile Bathing
- Chapter Seventeen - A Gastropod Among Us
- Chapter Eighteen - The Truth Behind the Octopus
- Chapter Nineteen - How to Retire to the Countryside
- Chapter Twenty - In Which Times Shift
- The events of Timeless take place in 1876.
Cover Art Gallery
- Gail has a blog post of fashion inspired by Timeless.
- The songs in Timeless.
- Books used to research Timeless.
- Timeless Research: Riots in Egypt . . . in 1882
- Timeless clock app on iTunes.
- Parasol Protectorate Pinterest Board
- All Gail's Books
- Prudence, chapter 5.