|Release Date||March 17, 2015|
|Series||The Custard Protocol|
Summary[edit | edit source]
When Prudence Alessandra Maccon Akeldama (Rue to her friends) is given an unexpected dirigible, she does what any sensible female would under similar circumstances - names it the Spotted Custard and floats to India in pursuit of the perfect cup of tea. But India has more than just tea on offer. Rue stumbles upon a plot involving local dissidents, a kidnapped brigadier's wife, and some awfully familiar Scottish werewolves. Faced with a dire crisis and an embarrassing lack of bloomers, what else is a young lady of good breeding to do but turn metanatural and find out everyone's secrets, even thousand-year-old fuzzy ones?
About[edit | edit source]
Prudence hit the New York Times Hardcover bestseller list at #19 on April 5, 2015.
Chapter Titles[edit | edit source]
- Chapter One: The Sacred Snuff Box
- Chapter Two: For Queen and Custard
- Chapter Three: Rue's Problem with Redheads
- Chapter Four: A Floating Custard
- Chapter Five: The Maltese Tower
- Chapter Six: A Lioness in a Teahouse
- Chapter Seven: Honeysuckle Isinglass's Secrets Revealed
- Chapter Eight: In Which Percy Encounters a Pepper
- Chapter Nine: Rakshasas
- Chapter Ten: Vanara
- Chapter Eleven: The Shape of Things to Come
- Chapter Twelve: Hijacking and Elephant Head
- Chapter Thirteen: Monkey Hijinks
- Chapter Fourteen: Ladybugs to the Rescue
- Chapter Fifteen: Weremonkeys in Dressing-Gowns
- Chapter Sixteen: In Which Tea Solves Everything
Timeline[edit | edit source]
- Prudence takes place roughly 20 years after the events in Timeless.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Cover Art Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
Extras[edit | edit source]
- Peek At Gail's Research.
- Gail blogs a little about incorporating the cover art into her rewrite of Prudence.
- Notes on Researching 1895 India.
- Primrose's Packing List for India.
- More Fun Research Tidbits.
- Anglicization: Gail Revisits the Ladybird Problem.
- Victorian Money Means Coins ~ Research Behind Prudence
- Gail plays at Casting Prudence the Movie (and talks about Disinfectant Sunflowers)
- On Retro Rack Gail blogs about India's Influence on Victorian Clothing
- Deleted scenes from Prudence.
- Deleted scene from Prudence
- Custard Protocol Pinterest Board
- All Gail Books