|Release Date||March 1, 2010|
|Series||Parasol Protectorate Series|
SummaryEditAlexia Maccon, the Lady Woolsey, awakens in the wee hours of the mid-afternoon to find her husband, who should be decently asleep like any normal werewolf, yelling at the top of his lungs. Then he disappears; leaving her to deal with a regiment of supernatural soldiers encamped on her doorstep, a plethora of exorcised ghosts, and an angry Queen Victoria.
But Alexia is armed with her trusty parasol, the latest fashions, and an arsenal of biting civility. So even when her investigations take her to Scotland, the backwater of ugly waistcoats, she is prepared: upending werewolf pack dynamics as only the soulless can. She might even find time to track down her wayward husband, if she feels like it.
Changeless reached #20 on the New York Times Mass Market Paperback bestseller list on April 3, 2010. It was the first of Gail Carriger's books to hit the list.
Changeless was a Locus Bestseller.
- Chapter One - Wherein Things Disappear, Alexia Gets Testy Over Tents, and Ivy Has an Announcement
- Chapter Two - A Plague of Humanization
- Chapter Three - Hat Shopping and Other Difficulties
- Chapter Four - The Proper Use of Parasols
- Chapter Five - Lord Akeldama's Latest
- Chapter Six - The Lady's Dirigible Invitational
- Chapter Seven - Problematic Octopuses and Airship Mountaineering
- Chapter Eight - Castle Kingair
- Chapter Nine - In Which Meringues are Annihilated
- Chapter Ten - Aether Transmissions
- Chapter Eleven - Chief Sundowner
- Chapter Twelve - The Great Unwrapping
- Chapter Thirteen - The Latest Fashion from France
- Chapter Fourteen - Changes
- In the series timeline, Changeless takes place in January or February of 1874, following quickly on the heels of Soulless.
Cover Art Gallery Edit
- Gail has a blog post featuring fashion inspired by Changeless.
- Audio recording (from Rick Kleffel) of Gail reading from Changeless at SF in SF.
- The manga version of Changeless is called Soulless Vol. II.
- The floating dresses she describes in Changeless.
- Blameless Extras - Deleted Scenes
- Parasol Protectorate Pinterest Board
- All Gail's Books
About Alexia Maccon politely making the effort to learn the names of the Buckingham Palace guards: "It was the little things that made someone grand."